This is an online program where we clarify the major intents of each Quranic Surah. This program is online via Telegram.
Part 1: Surah al-Fātihah (1) to Taha (20)
Part 2: Surah al-Anbiyā (21) to Ghafir (40)
Example of the type of notes that will be sent:
#RamadanNotes #Day1 #Baqarah (Part 1)
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ referred to this chapter as beingسَنَام الْقُرْآنِ
لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ سَنَامٌ وَإِنَّ سَنَامَ الْقُرْآنِ سُورَةُ الْبَقَرَةِ وَفِيهَا آيَةٌ هِيَ سَيِّدَةُ آىِ الْقُرْآنِ هِيَ آيَةُ الْكُرْسِيِّ
“For everything, there is a hump (pinnacle) and the hump (pinnacle) of the Qur’an is Surat Al-Baqarah, in it, there is an Ayah which is the master of the Ayat in the Qur’an; [it is] Ayat Al-Kursi.”(Tirmdhi – graded authentic by Albaani)
And سَنَام of something refers to the highest point or the most virtuous part of something. Usually the hump of the camel is referred to as سَنَامَ, and for this reason, Sunnah.com translates the hadith as “hump”.
This chapter contains the foundational rulings within our legislation and belief. And perhaps this is the reason why this chapter is known as سَنَام الْقُرْآنِ.
II. Placement of this chapter
This chapter is placed after Surah al-Faatihah.
Imaam as-Suyuti mentions that a general rule pertaining to the placement of chapters in the Quran is that a chapter explains and expounds on point(s) within the chapter that precedes it. (al-Itqaan).
One of the major points in Surah al-Faatihah is seeking guidance. Then, how do we attain this guidance and avoid misguidance? Surah Baqarah expounds on this point.
III. Behind the title
This chapter was given its name by Prophet Muhammadﷺ and he mentions it by name in numerous narrations.
Know that there is always a connection between the title of a chapter and its content.
Then, what is the connection between “Baqarah” and the entire chapter?
A. This story is mentioned in the chapter
B. “Baqarah” refers to a deeper meaning and theme of this chapter which is referring to “commands & prohibitions” and their rewards.
Within every story in this chapter, we see that there is a test pertaining to a command or prohibition:
– Angels were commanded to prostrate to Aadam (alayhimus-salaam) = they obeyed
– Aadam (alayhis-salaam) was prohibited from coming close to the tree = he disobeyed
Then we see the commandment to Bani Israaeel:
– The people of Musaa (alayhis salaam) were commanded to slaughter a cow = they disobeyed
And there are many more examples throughout the chapter (try to focus on identifying them as you read this chapter). This teaches us to respond to all of Allah’s & His Messenger’s commandments and prohibitions.
#RamadanNotes #Day1 #Baqarah Part 2
IV. Major Themes & Contents of This Chapter
1. Description of the types of people: Believers, Disbelievers, Hypocrites
2. A commandment addressed to all of mankind to worship Allah alone, the Creator, Sustainer, Controller of affairs. Allah reminds mankind of His numerous bounties in order to make them realize why they should single Him out alone for worship.
3. Story of the creation of man
4. Story of Adam & Shaytaan
5. Stories of Bani Israa’eel; their story is mentioned the most in the Quran due to our Ummah resembling them the most.
6. Ibrahim’s test, prayer, and the story of him building the Ka’bah with his son Ismaa’eel (alayhimus-salaam)
7. Rulings pertaining to our legislation regarding Salah, Zakah, Fasting, Hajj, Business transactions (ribaa, debt, etc.), Family (marriage, divorce, etc), and other rulings.
8. Allah’s power over life and death: Prophet Ibrahim’s (alayhis-salaam) dialogue with Namrood, the man Bani Israa’eel killed, a man in the valley of dead, etc.
💵 Course fee: $20 USD per part
PayPal.me/keystoknowledge (Kindly include your name and telegram number with country code in the notes section. Or contact us to confirm payment via whatsapp/telegram)
🖋 Instructor: Abu Awzaa’ee Abdus-Salaam, Umm al-Quraa University 🕋
❓Questions? Contact us: Telegram or Whatsapp: +966 54 416 2996
Join us for more Arabic مرحبا بكم: T.me/K2KNYC
Questions about the Arabic language?
🧕T.me/k2ksisters (SISTERS ONLY)
🧔T.me/k2kbrothersQA (BROTHERS ONLY)